MCOM - 1003 Tiffany Wiley

October 4, 2022 

Term Paper II 

Movie Review


A Trip Into The Wild 

In this day in age, ways to watch movies are much more effortless and unadorned. We now have Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Starz and various others. New movies are now getting aired on these movie apps just as quickly as they are in the movie theaters.   

September 9, 2022, I was back from school and in my hometown for a balloon release for the passing of my boyfriend. They wanted me to get out of the house and do something that could possible obtain my mind temporarily. So after the balloon release that was held at 7 and went on till 8, we went to the movie theater. We decided to go to Tinseltown in Monroe, Louisiana because that is the best movie theater we have in that radius. The theater rooms are big, spacious and clean. The sound affect and the lighting of the room is perfect. Tinseltown is the place to go when you want to enjoy and feel the movie as if it is 3D. 

We choose this movie called Beast starring, Idris Elba. It started at nine O'clock but the previews always be about 15 minutes long. The previews introduce you to new various movies that will be soon coming out. The previews included horror movies such as Halloween Ends and The Accursed, action such as Thor: Light and Thunder, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and Black Adam, and comedy such as Bros. All the trailers were good and made me want to come back to watch them. Beast | Official Trailer - YouTube

Before the movie, we went out to eat at waffle house. I preferably would have wanted to go eat at I hop if we were going to eat breakfast food, but it was closer to the theater. I did not actually buy my own food my friend bought mines. I decided to try something new and it was actually good. It was called a breakfast hash brown bowl. It was about 10 dollars. As a whole, we probably spent about 40 dollars on food while we were there. We laughed and joked around while we were there, just passing by time before the movie. With all the stuff I had been going through, I could smile in those moments we were having. We asked for our tickets, paid for the food then headed to the movie theater. 


As we purchased our tickets we realized that the ticket prices had went up. They were $10.50 a piece. When you purchase a ticket at Tinseltown you also have to pick at seat and sit in that exact seat. That was not always a rule though. So, we got our tickets and picked our seats. Even though we sneak snacks in every time we go to the movies, for some odd reason we always buy other stuff snacks. We bought drinks, pop corn and candy. The popcorn was 7 dollars, the drink was 5, and the candy was 4 and that is per person. 

The movie theater was packed with people. The movie had been out for at least 3 days before we went and watched it, so I was shocked that it was so many people there. We had a great crowd. They reacted to the movie just we did. It was people laughing , awing, screaming at the screen, and making those funny comments when the characters in the movie are acting oblivious! The intensity in the sound plays of the movie had individuals jumping although, the movie was not scary. 

Everyone knows that Idris Elba is and always will be an amazing actor. Everything was believable when Idris was in the camera. The two daughters of his, I can not say the same for them. Iyana playing Meredith and Leah playing Norah were not good actresses. They were making everyone, including myself, enraged the whole movie. We all agreed that they could have picked better actresses to play along side of Idris, me for example. 

Beast as a whole was incredible. I do feel that it could have been longer. The movie was about a father and his two girls going back to visit their hometown and an old friend. Martin was that old friend. He specialized in lions. Unexpectedly, they came upon a tribe that was massacred by something or someone. But by the way they were brutally killed it was not a someone but something. Idris had to get his two little girls out of there. They then found out that it was a lion that attacked those people by a survivor who was attacked by it as well. He shortly died after. They had to find a way to survive on and deserted island that had no service. In the end, the lions will protect their pride. 

We came to an agreement on Beast due to a previous movie we had seen at the movies, and Beast was a preview. We decided to watch all the movies in order and Beast was up next. The movie was so worth it though. I enjoyed it so much that I went to see it again the next week with another friend in the same sequence. He had the same reaction that everybody else had when we went the first time. He would jump on the parts suspense parts and scream at the screen when someone was acting unaware of the situation. 


I would give it, from my person experience, a ten out of ten. The employees were generous and very helpful that day. Sometimes they can be rude to the customers as if they did not want be at work, but that day we had no conflict. Everyone enjoyed themselves at the movie. As we left we decided to play some of the arcade games they had set up in the game room at Tinseltown. I am a very competitive person and so I won most of everything, and if I did not win the first time, I played until I did win. The drive home was very like it normally is. We talked about how the movie went and about everything that made us mad, sad, and anxious. It was a great experience and I can not wait to go back this weekend. 

Comments

Popular Posts