MCOM - 1003 - Tiffany Wiley

Tiffany Wiley 

James Reppert

September 12, 2020

Term Paper 1

                In modern times, Technology is used in everyday life. It has increased in popularity over the past three decades. Technology has advanced in computers, cell phones, videos games, medicine, science and lots more. Technology is used for communication, social media entertainment, new creations, news reports and various other subjects. 

            The way that I use technology is through social media, school work and research. By that I mean, daily, I get on Snapchat, Instagram, Tiktok, blackboard, YouTube, math lab, micro-word and google. I mostly spend my time on blackboard, my math lab, and you know online school resources. However, It is quite simple to get distracted by your cell phone. When doing my school work, there is never a time that I do not pick up my phone. If I get a notification or not I will always check my cell phone, whether it is taking a break from my homework or responding to someone. Honestly, I rarely be on my cellular device. The only time I use my Phone is when I'm bored, have noting to do, or if I'm actually on the phone. I mostly use my computer and that is for school work. 

            While I do my school work, I play music to help me get through the process quicker and to help calm me incase I have a problem with a certain work. And by work I indicate: A specific problem that I have trouble with in any subject. The first thing I do in the morning is turn off my 5 o'clock alarm for practice. I then begin texting and responding to friends and family for about 10 minutes before I get ready. As I get ready for practice in the morning, I listen to music on either Spotify or YouTube through my head phones. Everything sounds better through headphones but anyways, that is not important. I do not check my phone again until around 7 till 7:20, when practice is over. I go back to my dorm and shower. While I shower I listen to music and that is for about 40 minutes. Soon after my shower I take a nap before my 9 or 9:30 O'clock class. 

            During class, I use my computer mostly the whole classroom almost everyday. I go through days worth of homework in one class period so I will not have stress related work. The process of school goes by so much smoother when you continuously do your homework in your spare time. On Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's I only have one in person class and two online. On Tuesday's and Thursdays I have Three in person classes and two online. Tuesday's and Thursday's are my most busy day's. I do not have time to do extra curricular activities or fun activities. On Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's are my most simple day's. These are the days when I go to Study hall for two hours or an hour and a half, It just depends on the week. In my spare dorm room time, I watch television, read 5 chapters of my bible, pray, write in my journal to a recently gone boy-friend and do school work. I prioritize time for those things everyday throughout different times of the day. I also read for quite sometime whether it is a book, game such as Taboo, or Episode or news reports on the internet. 

            Oddly enough, when I watch YouTube, I like to watch pranks, vlogs, and designs. I watch the Pranks and Vlogs for entertainment purposes. They make me laugh and happy if I have a gloomy feeling that day. The designs I watch are for weddings, houses, rooms and parties. I learn a lot of different techniques, choices, people's desires and wants. It gives you an outside view of ideas other than your owns and I think that is Necessary for someone like me. I like to read a lot of different narratives because it expresses a sense of escape. I can be that character and I can feel what that character feels in those particular books, novels, short stories, or poems, Et cetera. The time I spend on YouTube or reading depends on the day that I'm having. I always read for at least 3 hours out of each day due to school work and research that I need for that particular subject. Also because of my bible.

            Friends deal with the same concept as me when it comes down to Media usage. Majority of the time it is used for school work and research, while other times it is for social media. My friends spend way much more time on social media than I do, if I do say so myself. As of now though, Social media has not been top priority. None of us students, thus far, have let social media get in the way of our studying, class and homework or grades. Social media doesn't really affect me negatively because I know how to use it. Emotionally, it can be helpful or hurtful but that all depends on the person. You can let social media affect you positively in a mental or emotional state, or you can let it affect you negatively in the same way. A lot of individuals look at people living their best lives and wish that could be them causing them to feel less of themselves. Whereas.  Some people look at that and say that is how I want to live and I will do everything in my power to be successful like that. Being on the internet and online is not always a bad thing. It teaches us viewers things that we might not have known one before. Not every post, hashtag, @, or comment is always bad. Sometimes they are supportive, kind, encouraging, helpful, and considerate. Not every form of media shows conflict and set forth bad or negativity on a person's life. But sometimes they do put out negativity in this world and that is what you have to grow from. It all relies on how responsible you are to yourself and your work, and how you let social media affect you in your everyday life!


Comments

Popular Posts